Solid Waste Disposal Fees
Residential service is collected twice a week. The fees are attached to monthly City water bills.
- Household trash $16.75/month
- Bulk collection
- $58.24 - Less than half a truck load
- $116.44 - Large loads over half a truck load
- Rates for commercial accounts vary according to the type of container, number of containers needed, and how often they have to be serviced.
- Due to the fact that the landfill has several options, it is best to contact the Sanitation Department, 575-624-6746, and set up an account that best meets the need of your business.
Landfill Tipping Fees
These fees are charged by the Scale House, effective as of July 1, 2016.
- Mixed loads
- Commercial: $33.75 per ton
- Residential: $3.75 plus tax for the first 300 pounds. Any weight above the first 300 pounds will be charged at the $33.75 per ton rate.
- Heavy Loads - Defined as asphalt roofing shingles and large tree trunks
- $16.25 per ton
- Tires - Tire manifest is required with all commercial loads (more than ten tires) as required by NMED (18.104.22.168 NMAC)
- Bulk loads - $222.75 per ton
- Contaminated - $446 per ton
- Large truck - $5.75 per tire
- Passenger - $3.25 per tire
- Clean Fill - Concrete, brick, asphalt, rock and concrete with rebar is acceptable. There can be no wood, paper, or any other biodegradable materials that can create land settlement or ground water contamination.
- Materials must meet clean fill standards as approved by the State of New Mexico Environment Department
- $12.25 per ton
- $2 per unit
- $39 per ton
- Refrigerant Units
- $39 per ton plus $11.75 per evacuation, if necessary.
- 20 and 30 yard roll-offs are available at the landfill
- $184.25 per pull plus $33.75 per ton landfill tipping fee
- No delivery, set-up, or daily rental fees
- There must be at least one pull per 30-day period in order to avoid automatic pull charge