Riding Pecos Trail Transit
- Board the bus at the posted (designated) Bus Stop Sign. Buses stop only at posted stops.
- Make sure you are not out of sight or waiting behind a shelter.
- All P.T.T.S. buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts and the regular Main Street buses are equipped with front door kneeling devices which may be used if requested.
- Once buses are in motion, they will not board more passengers.
- Drivers may not delay their departure from a point to wait for a transferring customer.
- Please be alert for your destination. Approximately one half block before your stop, signal the Driver to let you off, if you are unfamiliar with the area ask the Driver to call out your street.
- To signal your stop, pull the chime cord or push the black strip around the window.
- Look around your area so you don't leave anything behind.
- Exit via the rear door whenever possible.
- For your safety and that of others around you, hold on to the hand rails or door handles until you clear the door.
Assuring a Pleasant Ride
Our goal is to provide a safe, comfortable commute for all individuals traveling on P.T.T.S. buses.
Please Observe the Following Rules
- Stay clear of the doorways and stairwells and keep your arms, hands, and head inside the bus. Safety regulations prohibit anyone standing in front of the white line when the bus is in motion. When there are seats available, walking or standing is not allowed while the bus is in motion.
- Drivers will ask you to yield the seats immediately behind them for our senior and disabled customers. The first section of seats are designated to accommodate these customers. Please be courteous and make room for customers needing these spaces.
- Do not talk to, or distract the Driver while the bus is in motion
- Arrive at your bus stop 5 minutes early to ensure not missing the bus.
- Shirts and shoes are required.
- Children must be removed from strollers and the stroller must be collapsed to fit between the seat and the customer. Non-collapsible strollers are prohibited.
- Children must not be left unattended on the buses or at the Bus Station area for any reason.
- Fighting, throwing things, pushing, shouting, rough behavior, Driver harassment, and vulgar language are forbidden and is grounds for immediate ejection from the bus.
- Service animals are welcome and are allowed to ride at no additional fare. All other animals must be in a cage with a secured, covered top and will be allowed as long as space is not required for other passengers. If a seat is required for a pet, full adult fare will be charged.
- It is the passenger's responsibility to be at the bus or bus stop at the time of loading for departure.
- Schedule times are approximate, due to ever changing situations and conditions of the system. The buses may depart a time point up to three (3) minutes early, with the exception of the Bus Station which is the ONLY layover point.
- Safety regulations prohibit Drivers from leaving their seats to assist with packages or any such items.
- Additional policies and procedures of the Transit System will periodically be posted in the Station Lobby and on the buses.
- Used gasoline cans, (whether empty or not), car batteries, skateboards, skates (unless placed in a bag or container), tires, or any object too large to fit between passenger seats.
- Cellular phones are permitted as long as they do not interfere with the operation of the bus.
- No tricycles, tandem or motorized bicycles can be placed in the bicycle racks or inside the buses.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed on the buses.
If your ride was not satisfactory, download the Complaint Form and Instructions (PDF).
Lost & Found
If you lose an item on the bus, contact Pecos Trails at 624-6766. A Pecos Trails Representative will take your report and assist you with recovering any articles which have been found.
P.T.T.S. is not responsible for any item left on the buses. Wallets, purses and medication will be given special consideration and an attempt will be made to contact the Driver immediately. All other items must wait for daily processing.
The City of Roswell does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin.
To find out more about our nondiscrimination obligations or to file a complaint, please contact Anna Aragon at 575-624-6766 or our Human Resources Director, at 575-637-6242.