Lodgers' Tax and Special Events Information

Special Events Update

The City of Roswell is not accepting any Special Event applications at this time as a result of the State of New Mexico public health orders restricting mass gatherings. 

About Lodgers' Tax & Special Events

Lodgers'  Tax refers to the tax property owners and managers are required to pay for renting out a room or property. This tax provides revenue to use in promoting tourist-related events and other activities including advertising for promotion of events that support tourist related facilities. 

Special Events in the City of Roswell must first submit a permit application. For any required street closures a Street Closure Form must be completed. Learn more under Special Event Permits.

Related City Ordinances