Keep Roswell Beautiful
Keep Roswell Beautiful seeks to inspire and educate Roswell residents. If we all take action every day to improve and beautify our community our goal of living in a green, clean, and beautiful place will be achieved. In order to reach this goal there is a focus on three main areas: ending litter, improving recycling practices, and beautification projects. Take a look at a few of our 2019 projects and upcoming projects in 2020 and 2021.
Keep Roswell Beautiful is seeking a young professional intern.
Objectives for the KRB intern are outlined below:
1. Research and produce presentations focusing on program goals – Five total presentations will be created covering Ending Litter, Waste Reduction, Beautifying Communities and Empowering Youth. Each presentation will cover the goals, practices to implement in everyday life and the initiatives the program has in place.
2. Keep Roswell Beautiful Program Volunteer video- work with city videographer to complete a recap video of the experience as a KRB intern.
3. Presentations to youth groups/ classes – Intern must coordinate a time to present at local elementary, middle, high school and college classes. Presentations can also be completed at different youth group meetings. Presentations must cover one of the five program goals. All presentation should follow public health orders and may be presented virtually.
4. Track and maintain log of participants/ follow-up – Intern will work with Program Coordinator to track how many students/ kids attended each presentation, what goal was covered. Intern should send a follow-up survey and track responses.
5. Participate in KRB programs and events- Intern will assist KRB coordinator with programs and events as well as attend. Spring programs include but are not limited to March out the Trash, Arbor Day and spring cleanup.
Additional Information/ Requirements
- 4 Credit Hours 180 Hours
- $10.50/ hour
- 20 hours/ week
- Flexible Schedule
- This internship opportunity is grant funded and geared toward youth empowerment. Intern must be between 14 and 25 years old.
Anyone interested should send a letter of interest to Keep Roswell Beautiful Program Coordinator Thalia Pantoja- Gruis at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit the order is Monday, January 4, 2021 at 5 pm.
Recent Event: Virtual Gardening Workshop
This video is a recording from the Virtual Gardening Workshop held on September 21, 2020. For more information or to ask questions feel free to call the NMSU Chaves County -Cooperative Extension office at 575-622-3210! FREE seed packets are still available call 575-637-6238 to schedule a time to pick-up seeds.
Upcoming Event: Chalk Your Walk and The Recycle Art Show
RMAC is excited to pair up with Keep Roswell Beautiful for two virtual events! Have fun and create at home with our Chalk Your Walk and the Recycle Art Show! Both contests are free, open to all ages and winners will receive prizes!
Chalk Your Walk
Chalk art your sidewalk, driveway or fence. Once your masterpiece is complete snap a picture of your artwork and another with the artist(s) next to the work and email the photos to email@example.com no later than Sunday, October 18 at 11:59 pm. Make sure to include artist name(s), age(s) if under 16, mailing address and phone number. Register to complete in the contest registration link. Pick up complimentary chalk supplies starting September 29, 2020 while supplies last. Call ahead for drive-up service: 575-624-6744 or for more information and questions.
Recycle Art Show
Combine recycling and innovation when you make a one-of-a-kind art piece, all while diverting items from the landfill! To enter follow the registration link and complete the form by Wednesday, October 14. Bring your completed work to RMAC (1011 N. Richardson Ave, Roswell) between 1-5 pm, October 14-16.
- You must use 70% recyclable and/or other previously used materials that would otherwise be discarded.
- Must be clean and free of food debris.
- Limit one entry per artist.
Pick up complimentary art supplies starting September 29, 2020 while supplies last. Call ahead for drive-up service: 575-624-6744 or for more information and questions.
Prizes will be awarded for individual youth (ages 15 and under), individual adults(16+), and families/ groups (all ages), there will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes in each category.
For more information or questions call 575-624-6744 or 575-637-6238.
Keep Roswell Beautiful Brochure
This brochure was created to help share the initiatives, programs, and events of Keep Roswell Beautiful. It also gives citizens a few tips and steps to take to help keep our city beautiful!
Keep Roswell Beautiful has many wonderful programs, events, and ideas ahead. We strive to inspire, empower and educate residents.