Reporting Lodgers' Tax and Bed Fees

Operators of hotels, motels, B&Bs, RV parks and short-term rentals must collect, report and submit their Lodgers’ Tax and Convention Center Bed Fee to the City of Roswell each month. 

Required payments include:

  • Lodgers' Tax: This amount is calculated as 5% of the establishment's gross receipts for the month being reported.
  • Convention Center Fee: A fee of $2.50 per room night is added to the first 15 nights of a tenant's stay. (Note: The Convention Center Fee does not apply to lodgers offering three rooms or less.)

The completed form must be returned with remittance no later than the 25th of the month immediately following the month for which the form is being completed. Send to: City of Roswell, 425 N. Richardson Ave. Roswell, NM 88201. Delinquent payments may be subject to interest and penalty. Questions or concerns should be directed to Kevin Wilson at

Download the Lodgers' Tax & Convention Center Bed Fee Reporting Form

Aug. 9: The City of Roswell held a Tourism Talk to discuss the reporting form. The PowerPoint is provided here as a PDF.