Special Events Permits and Street Closure Information
Special Events Permit Application
If you are an organizer looking to host an event within the city of Roswell you will be required to submit a Special Events Permit Application to obtain a permit.
Download our Special Events Permit Application and complete the relevant fields. The Special Events Permit Application covers several different fields including special event information, equipment rentals, and street closure(s). Please only complete the fields pertaining to you and your event. Once completed send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. The documents are fillable PDFs that you can type into directly. All forms must be typewritten; handwritten forms will not be accepted.
1. Permit applications must be submitted 120 days prior to event.
2. A 50% non-refundable deposit is require 90 days prior to event. Fee must be paid in full 30 days prior to event. Checks should be made payable to "City of Roswell" with the event name listed on the memo line.
3. Submissions must include application, map, layout details and Certificate of Insurance.
Street Closure Form
Requesting a street closure is an easy process. Follow these steps:
1. Download the Street Closure Form.
2. Complete the form. Contact all businesses and residents located in the immediate area of the proposed closure to identify potential concerns.
3. Attach a map of the immediate area with the residences/businesses marked that were contacted.
4. Attach an additional map showing how you propose to reroute traffic, along with any other traffic control that may be needed.
5. Email the completed form and additional documents to email@example.com.
For any food trucks wishing to operate at a special event, a city of Roswell Business License is required through our Community Development Department. All details on the process can be found HERE.
1. Get your NM Tax ID
2. Download and complete the Mobile Vendor Application
3. Contact the Roswell Fire Marshal
4. Contact the New Mexico Environmental Department Roswell field office
5. Go to the Roswell Police Department for a background check and sign-off of application
6. Submit your Business License to Community Development along with the $35 license fee.
For any vendor booth wishing to operate at a special event, a city of Roswell Business License is required through our Community Development Department. All details on how to obtain your Business License can be found HERE.