Visiting the Zoo
Open Daily 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
1306 E. College Blvd.
Roswell, NM 88201
All of our critters are excited to see you! Please be aware of the following before your visit:
- We are only accepting credit/debit card payments for admission. No cash payments will be accepted at this time.
- No outside food is allowed in the zoo (infant formula and bottled water is allowed).
- Please do not touch, pet or try to feed the animals.
- Our awesome gift shop is stocked with the latest Spring River Zoo merchandise.
- Last ticketed entrance is at 3 p.m.
- Park adjacent to the zoo open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. No arrivals after 3 p.m., please.
Zoo admission rates:
- Adults (ages 16 and older): Roswell residents $5; non-residents $10
- Children (ages 4-15): Roswell residents $2.50; non-residents $3.50
- Students (ages 16 and older), Seniors (ages 60 and older), Active Military and Veterans: $3
- Groups of 10 or more: $3 per person
- School-age groups: $2 per person, reservation required
- Free admission opportunities
- Friends of Spring River Zoo members (Browse membership options)
- The first Saturday of each month (for Roswell residents)
- Children 3 and under
- Seniors (60+) every Friday
- Spring River Zoo Day (July 31)
- We're offering a sweet deal in September with our Sundaes on Sunday promotion. From 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on Sept. 4, 11 and 18, your zoo ticket also gets you a free sundae. We'll have ice cream and toppings lined up.
- PreKritters starts Sept. 16. This is a program for children ages 3-5. On the third Friday of the month, we'll have an animal-themed story and craft hour from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Each PreKritters will also include an encounter with one of our educational animals. Cost is $12.60 per child; that price includes tax and admission for the child and one parent (additional tickets may be purchased at the gate).
- OktoBearfest is coming on Sept. 24. Tickets for the 21-and-over event go on sale Sept. 1 at the Friends of Spring River Zoo website. Enjoy craft brews and wine, music and games from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Early-bird tickets will be available for $30 Sept. 1-14, and tickets will be $40 from Sept. 15 on. Designated driver tickets are available for $25.
- Start planning your costumes for Night of the Living Zoo. From 5 p.m.-9 p.m. Oct. 28 and 29, we'll have plenty of candy and activities. It's $5 to get in, with costumes encouraged for all ages. Ticket sales will end at 8 p.m. each night so families have at least an hour to enjoy the evening.