Download the Application for Certification of ADA Paratransit Eligibility (PDF).
Visitors with disabilities
Visitors (non-Roswell residents) with disabilities who cannot use the regular fixed-route system can ride Para-Transit, Pecos Trails Transit’s ADA complementary service. To ride the service, either fax (575-624-6768), email (email@example.com) or mail (515 N. Main St., Roswell, NM 88201):
- documentation that you are already eligible for ADA complementary paratransit in your home jurisdiction (a copy of your eligibility letter or your photo ID), or
- documentation that you have a disability, such as a note from a health care professional, and documentation of residence, such as a utility bill.
Visitors may also apply in person at the bus terminal at 515 N. Main St.
You can ride the service for up to 21 days during a year, starting with the first day of travel. To continue to ride after 21 days of service are provided, you must apply to Pecos Trails Transit.
- Pecos Trails Transit operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, national origin, and disability, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice may file a complaint with Pecos Trails Transit System PO Drawer 1838, Roswell, NM 88202. For more information on Pecos Trails civil rights program and the procedures to file a complaint, please call (575)624-6766, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit – our Webb site at roswell-nm.gov.
- You may also file a complaint with the New Mexico Department of Transportation. For more information on the New Mexico Department of Transportation’s civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, please call 1-800-554-0936 or (505) 470-9668; email email@example.com; or visit our administrative offices at 1590 Pacheco St., Suite A-10, Santa Fe, NM 87505. For more information, visit www.dot.state.nm.us.
- A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI/ADA Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590. Phone: (202) 366-4043.
- If information is needed in another language please contact us at (575)624-6766.