The Roswell Fire Department asks everyone to please remember:
- Use space heaters as directed by the instructions and keep away from combustibles.
- Do not use extension cords or “power strips” to supply power to space heaters.
- Never leave space heaters or other heat-producing appliances unattended.
- Do not use ovens to heat a room or home. Leaving the door of the oven open for heat can be deadly by allowing carbon monoxide to build up in the room or home.
- Constantly attend all cooking activities.
- Beware of the dangers of using heat lamps, especially to provide warmth for pets. The animals can easily knock them over.
RFD has lots more fire-safety tips everyone can review. Citizens are encouraged to call the Roswell Fire Marshal’s Office at 575-624-6830 with any questions about fire prevention.