The new admission fees for Spring River Zoo, which were set up earlier this year, will take effect Friday (March 5).
Visitors will purchase tickets online at the zoo’s website (springriverzoo.com) by clicking on the “Visit” tab and selecting “Tickets.” Upon arrival at the zoo, visitors can show their online tickets using their phone or can bring a printed copy of the tickets with them. Tickets can only be purchased online. Tickets are not available for purchase at the zoo.
Spring River Zoo is open each Friday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Last entrance to the zoo is at 3 p.m.) Prescheduled private tours are offered on Thursdays between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. and can be scheduled by calling (575) 624-6760.
Zoo admission fees are:
• Adults (ages 16 and older): Roswell Residents $5; Non-Residents $10
• Children (ages 4-15): Roswell Residents $2.50; Non-Residents $3.50
• Students (ages 16 and older), Seniors (ages 60 and older), Active Military and Veterans: $3
• Groups of 10 or more: $3 per person
• School-age groups (with reservation): $2 per person
Free admission to the zoo will be available to the following people and on these designated days:
• Children ages 3 and younger (anytime zoo is open)
• Friends of Spring River Zoo members (anytime zoo is open)
• First Saturday of each month for Roswell residents
• Every Friday for Seniors (60 and older)
• July 31 – Spring River Zoo Day
A variety of annual zoo memberships can be purchased at the zoo website. Membership includes free admission to the zoo, two guest passes to the zoo, free admission to certain events and discounted admission to other events put on by Friends of Spring River Zoo, as well as other benefits.
The zoo is now offering a free quarterly newsletter (sent by email) to anyone wanting to keep up with zoo news and upcoming events at the zoo. To sign up for the new “Spring River Zoosletter,” visit the zoo website.
The park adjacent to Spring River Zoo remains free to use, but is available only on the days (Friday-Sunday) the zoo is open and its use is limited to 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.