How do I pay my city water bill?

The City of Roswell offers several ways to pay your utility bill including online, by mail, bank draft, after-hour drop off or at the utility billing department. Visit this page for more detailed information.

For more information

How do I get a new trash can lid?

For a new trash can lid please contact the sanitation department, (575) 624-6746

How do I apply for a job with the City of Roswell?

View employment opportunities here.

The City of Roswell is an equal opportunity employer.

View all open positions within the city

My trash didn't get picked up, what should I do now?

If your trash was not picked up on the designated day, contact the sanitation department at 575-624-6746.

Note: The sanitation department alters pickup schedules on weeks with a city-observed holiday.

For more information

How do I get a garage sale permit?

Roswell citizens are allowed a garage sale permit once every 90 days. To obtain the permit please visit Code Enforcement, 421 N. Richardson Ave, 575-637-6280.

For more information

What items does the landfill accept?

The Municipal Landfill accepts common household hazardous wastes (non-commercial) from City residents only. For more details visit the Solid Waste webpage.

For a list of accepted and prohibited items

How do I obtain a fence permit?

  • If your fence is six feet tall or shorter, please contact Planning and Zoning at 575-637-6223 for a placement permit. 
  • If your fence is over six feet tall contact the Code Enforcement Department at 575-637-6280 to obtain a building permit.

More Information

How can I volunteer?

We're always looking for volunteers who believe in making Roswell a better place. Fill out our volunteer form to get started. Volunteers must be at least 18 and pass a background check.